Bryantville Meeting House / Grange
The Lions Club has been a major player in helping people by establishing glaucoma screening clinics, eye banks, and rehabilitation institutes. They support workshops and help pay scholarships for deserving blind students. The familiar "white canes" were introduced by the Lions.
The Grange Building was originally a single room schoolhouse in 1910. It then was remolded and used as an elementary school until 1934. Then in 1956 the Grange Americans restored the building and the Civil Defense used the basement for its communications setup, which was led by their director Everett Reed. It was also used for a town hall when Pembroke's burned down. The town of Pembroke has agreed to lease the building to the Scouts and Lions and has contributed generously to the restoration.
The Grange Committee changed the name of the building to the Bryantville Meeting House in 2010. In early 2010, the building received its occupation permit and is now being used for meetings by the Scouts Lions Club and American Legion. The buiding is available for rentals for various functions. Additional information and calendar can be found on the The Bryantville Meeting House/Grange Web Site & Calendar .